Friday, October 19, 2007

Thing are not always what they seem...

I was out running around today when the winds picked up, every radio and tv station was talking about extreme winds/storms... "severe weather" for sure. I love severe weather... it always makes every thing feel so alive! I was close to the lake so I decided it would be fun to catch some of the gigantic wave action....


So much for action... there was not a wave in sight... not even one white cap:(
I was going to ditch but figured since I was already out there I might as well take a walk... SOOO glad I did. It was weird not to have any waves because it was windy, REALLY windy. Instead of water waves I got waves of sand blowing across the beach in a way that made it look as if the ground was moving. Super cool!


The more I walked the more I relaxed and began to see more. I came across this feather (i love feathers) that someone had stepped on and mashed into the wet sand... still it held a lot of personality...

The last few weeks I've kinda felt like that feather. It was one of those great moments when everything I've been stressed about and trying to figure out whats the best direction to take... it all made sense by taking a picture of a feather. Guess you can't really put those moments into words... thats why I take pictures, they speak louder.
Then there was this gem....

a little bitty feather hanging on for dear life. Another image I can currently relate too.:) I love this little feather. I never would have been able to see it if I had turned around because of the lack of waves.

No comments: